Whenever you read on here - or anywhere else come to that - that 'scalping doesn't work' or 'TA doesn't work' or 'xyz doesn't work' - it's worth adding a few vital words that the poster almost always fails to include: 'for me'. Generally speaking, what they really mean to say is 'scalping doesn't work for me' or 'TA doesn't work for me' or 'xyz doesn't work for me'. Often as not, for every person that says categorically - 100% - that xyz doesn't work - there's nearly always someone making good money doing exactly that! However . . .
Having said the above, scalping with a spread bet broker undoubtedly makes a difficult task even harder than it already is - mostly for the reasons that Lee outlines in his post. I trade the YM (e-mini Dow futures contract) in the very short term with a direct market access broker. The spread is (usually) 1 tick. I also have a SB account where the spread is 2 ticks. 1 tick difference may not sound much but, believe me, if you're shooting for an an average 6 tick profit - then it makes one helluva big difference. It's massive! To give yourself the best possible opportunity for profit, you've gotta have the right tools for the job, and scalping with a SB broker is a bit like trying to fell a mighty Oak with a small hand saw.
PS. It's worth adding that one of the early definitions of scalping is to buy at the bid and sell at the ask which - to the best of my knowledge - isn't possible with a SB broker. However, with my opening para in mind - cue someone to post saying they do exactly that!
- How can I install LaTeX in Windows
- Dominoes pizza Hut or papa johns
- Who is the most badass
- Why am I not good enough
- What are the classical theories of ethics
- Are left handed people lucky
- Why do people like games of strategy
- Is Amazon available in all countries
- Which bowling ball rolls the straightest
- What is your most favorite online article
- Are you afraid to drive at night
- Do local bands pay royalties
- What is the meaning of in chats
- What are Brazil nuts
- What song lyrics give away its age
- Can I repeat class 12th